GYMNASTICS AT MBC
Owner and Manager of Premier Gymnastics, Nicki Robbins is a qualified Health and Physical Education Teacher, as well as an accredited coach, International FIG Judge in WAG and the State Judging Coordinator for Gymnastics Queensland. The club, Premier Gymnastics, commenced operating at Moreton Bay College in 2014 and offers premier gymnastic training opportunities, across all skill levels, for both MBC students and the wider bayside community in Artistic, Rhythmic and Aerobic Gymnastics. Premier are currently ranked as the number 1 club for Rhythmic Gymnastics in Australia and the number 2 club for Aerobic Gymnastics in Australia. Nicki also oversees the development and coordination of our Andrews Cup and QGSSSA gymnastic development programs with the assistance of Head Coaches, Gina Peluso (RG) and Debbie O’Carroll (WAG).
Facilities at the College include a permanent Artistic Gymnastics training hall in the Ken and Janet Waller Sports Centre with:
• In-ground landing pits (with access from trampoline, vault, beam, pit bar and floor tumble strip)
• Two sets of uneven parallel bars
• Three fixed high beams and low beams, plus one mobile beam that can be used for dismount work into the pit mats
• Full 12mx12m floor area
• Two vaulting setups
• 15m tumble trampoline track
• Two cameras with delayed playback, for bars and beam
Permanent facilities for Rhythmic Gymnastics are set up at the College in the Oriel Handley Hall and feature:
• FIG International Floor
• An additional well-equipped training area
• Purpose-built ballet area
Permanent facilities for Aerobic Gymnastics are set up at the College in the Ken and Janet Waller Sports Centre.
New to MBC?
Do you have a story for our newsletter?
How can we make the website and newsletter better for you?
Handy email addresses
Secondary School Absentees
Primary School Absentees