Parents and Friends' Association
Moreton Bay College is fortunate to have an enthusiastic and active group of parent volunteers who give generously of their time to support new and continuing families of the College, and co-ordinate numerous fundraising events to support the future growth of our College.
Contacting your P&F
Should you have any feedback or enquiries for the Parent & Friends' Association, please contact President, Mr Owen Edwards at firstname.lastname@example.org
Meeting Dates for 2015
The Parents & Friends' Association meets on the second Wednesday of each month (except where rescheduled in school holidays). The meetings are held in the Eric Bingham Community Meeting Room - Primary Library (via Hargreaves Road) commencing at 7.00pm. Meeting dates for 2015 are as follows:
- Thursday 13 August (Due to RNA Show Holiday)
- 9 September
- 14 October
- 11 November (Includes AGM)
The P & F Association Management Committee provides a core of people who asist in achieveing the goals of the organisation and provide guidance and direction to those involved in the Associations's various activities. The Executive Committee for 2015 comprises:
- President: Mr Owen Edwards email@example.com
- Vice President: Mrs Kelley Cowley firstname.lastname@example.org
- Treasurer: Ms Donna Marshall email@example.com
- Secretary: Mrs Hilary Tillin firstname.lastname@example.org
- Committee Member: Mrs Lynn McIntyre
- Committee Member: Mrs Helen Cumming
- Committee Member: Mrs Rosslyn Lehmann
- Committee Member: Mrs Dawn Mackney
As well as fundraising activities undertaken by the P&F and the sub-committees in support of school education, sporting and other improvements, there are many other goals. The Association provides a platform and voice for all parents as well as other people in the local community desirous of helping in the progress and development of the College; fosters community interests; and assists the Principal and staff to further the interests of the College and its students. Importantly, it is responsible for developing a positive and amiable involvement of parents and the community in supporting the interests of all.
The P&F is further enhanced by sub-committees that operate under its umbrella to serve the needs of the girls at the College. Specifically, these groups are:
- Aquatics (Swimming and Water Polo) Support Group: Mrs Susan Yarrow (Chair) email@example.com
- Music Support Group: Mrs Mal Lange (Chair) firstname.lastname@example.org
- Performing Arts Support Group: Mrs Jacqueline Ginnivan (Chair) email@example.com
- Sailing Support Group: Mr Peter Bates (Chair) firstname.lastname@example.org
- Tennis Support Group: Mrs Charon Abbott (Chair) email@example.com
Each group comprises parents who are keen to support a particular area by way of assisting in the organisation of events, fund-raising and other activities to support the girls involved in these areas of excellence. Involvement is welcomed throughout the year.
Parent Representative contributions help with building and sustaining the famous MBC community spirit.
The role of the "Parent Rep" is mainly social, with parent representatives for each year level working together to:
- Coordinate informal social events for their year level.
- Support the work of the P&F.
One of the highly regarded outcomes of the Network is the organisation of great year level social functions for the parents providing an additional opportunity for parents and girls to get to know each other better in an informal social setting. Using the Network, parents are also able to come together in year levels to support fundraising endeavours of the College and support events as a group.
The Parent Representative Network also plays a crucial role in sustaining some of the great traditions of the College like coordinating the Mothers' Day & Fathers' Day stalls, and organising the Year 6 Graduation Ceremony supper, a lovely formality marking the end of Primary Years Learning.
P&F Minutes & Annual Report
Minutes from committee meetings and the latest annual report are available for parents to download within MyMBC - Click here and scroll to the bottom of the page
New to MBC?
Do you have a story for our newsletter?
How can we make the website and newsletter better for you?
Handy email addresses
Secondary School Absentees
Primary School Absentees