Interested in working in Childcare? Junior Nanny Program
Charlton Brown is an established training college offering programs in children's services and community care areas. The Junior Nanny Program is designed specifically for 14 to 17 year olds interested in fields such as babysitting, nannying and other child care work. The interactive course provides an introduction to the skills taught in the college's Professional Nanny Award course, including child development, baby care and safety in the home.
- Brisbane program dates: 14 - 17 January 2014, 10.00am - 2.00pm each day.
- Brisbane venue: Charlton Brown's Fortitude Valley campus (Chinatown Mall, Ground Floor, 31 Duncan Street, Fortitude Valley 4006).
- The Junior Nanny Program is also being offered on the Gold Coast and Sunshine Coast in the Christmas holiday period.
- Gold Coast course runs from 9 - 12 December 2013, 10.00am - 2.00pm each day at St Hilda's School, Southport.
- For details about the Sunshine Coast course, contact Charlton Brown College.
- Web: http://www.charltonbrown.com.au/
- Phone 3216 0288 for details and to book a place in a Junior Nanny Program.
La Boite Theatre Company - January Summer School
La Boite Theatre Company will hold an inaugural Summer School to assist school students with the transition to Senior Drama studies (Years 11 or 12) in 2014.
Participants will work with professional theatre makers and educators, and explore the presentation, creation and analysis of live theatre performance.
- Monday 13 January - Friday 17 January 2014 (9.30am - 4.00pm daily)
- Cost: $450.00
- Limited to 26 participants
- More details/application: http://www.laboite.com.au/cms/page.asp?ID=122
Government Funded Fee-Free Training for Year 12 school leavers
- From January 2014, the Queensland Government’s ‘Great Skills. Real Opportunities’ action plan will provide opportunities for Year 12 graduates to undertake fee-free training in particular fields marked as high priority areas.
- Information: http://www.training.qld.gov.au/information/investing-in-skills/fee-free/faq.html
- Other information about the opportunities available via the Certificate III guarantee was circulated to our Year 12s, prior to their graduation.
Media Potential - December Holiday Program
- For students (ages 13 - 17) keen to explore the skills and roles involved in media and TV presenting
- Date: 16 December 2013
- Venue: Channel 7 Studios, Mt Coot-tha
- More information and registration details: www.mediapotential.com.au / phone 3511 3455
Architectural Design Workshops - January 2014
Studio Mitt offers two-day workshops for Secondary students interested in studying architecture or landscape architecture. The workshops are conducted by design studio lecturers, with input from industry professionals and current tertiary students. Participants will work in university architecture studios and have the opportunity to design their own project.
- 21 - 22 January, 2014 (2 day workshops, 9.00am - 4.00pm daily)
- Venue: The University of Queensland Architecture Studios
- Cost: $220.00
- Details (copy and paste the link into your browser): http://studiomitt.com.au/upcoming-events/
New to MBC?
Do you have a story for our newsletter?
How can we make the website and newsletter better for you?
Secondary School Absentees
Primary School Absentees