Student Exchange Australia - Information Evening, 5 February 2015
Student Exchange Australia New Zealand is a not-for-profit organisation registered with all state and territory Departments of Education around Australia and with the Ministry of Education in NZ.
- Information Evening: Thursday 5 February, commencing at 7.30pm
- Venue: Brisbane Square Library, Community Meeting Room, 266 George Street, Brisbane
- Scholarships and discounts are available. Scholarships include 5 x Language, 2 x International Affairs, 2 x Indigenous and 3 x Digital Video Scholarships.
- Visit www.studentexchange.org.au or phone 1300 135 331 for more information or to book to attend the information session.
St John Ambulance Australia: Cadet Program
The cadet program is suitable for students aged from 8 - 18 years old and involves regular first aid training and personal development sessions, along with volunteer work in the community.
This could be useful to students interested in health care careers.
The ADFA Education Award - Year 12 students: Apply by 28 February 2015
The Australian Defence Force Academy (ADFA) Education Award is presented annually to students during the start of their Year 12 program, in recognition of demonstrated leadership potential, and academic and sporting achievements exhibited during Year 11.
Successful applicants receive a laptop computer and certificate, along with a plaque of recognition for their school. Several MBC students have been successful in gaining awards in the past. The award is unbonded, and there is no obligation to accept an offer to join the Australian Defence Force or to attend ADFA, nor is the Defence Force obliged to offer entry into ADFA to an award winner.
- Applications close on 28 February 2015 (the year the applicant is in Year 12).
- Details: http://www.defencejobs.gov.au/education/adfa/howToApply/educationAward.aspx
- Note: MBC applicants are required to notify the MBC Careers Adviser that an application is being lodged.
- If you require references/academic results/statements of support from the College as part of the application process, you must follow the appropriate steps via the Request Form - References/Statements of Support, on this page of the MBC web site: http://www.mbc.qld.edu.au/mymbc/mylearning/secondary-academic-admin/application-forms
Design College Australia: Open Day - 31 January 2015
Design College Australia offers Diplomas and Advanced Diplomas in Visual Communication, with Graphic Design and Photography majors available.
- Open Day: Saturday 31 January, 10.00am - 3.00pm
- Design College Australia campus: 200 Barry Parade, Fortitude Valley Qld 4006
- Registration to attend the Open Day is required.
- Visit http://www.designcollege.com.au/content/design_college_email_landing_page.html
Other information about short course opportunities at Design College:
- Short courses: http://www.designcollege.com.au/content/short_courses.html
- Letterpress workshops - in February and March: http://www.designcollege.com.au/content/letterpress_workshops.html
Queensland School of Film and Television: Open Day, 31 January 2015
- Date: Saturday 31 January, 1.00pm - 3.00pm
- Venue: 22 Warwick St. Annerley, QLD 4103 (New and upgraded campus location and facilities)
- Program information, industry talks, career pathways, showcase of student work, tour of facilities, sausage sizzle
- Registration to attend the Open Day is essential.
New to MBC?
Do you have a story for our newsletter?
How can we make the website and newsletter better for you?
Secondary School Absentees
Primary School Absentees