Lions Australia Youth Exchange
Lions Australia Youth Exchange provides the opportunity for young people aged from 16 – 21 to experience life overseas on a short-term exchange.
- Participants depart in early December 2014 and return in mid-January 2015.
- Applications close on 30 June 2014.
- Web: http://lionsclubs.org.au/activities/youth/ye/overseas-destinations/
Queensland Art Gallery: 2014 National Youth Week Artist Workshop
During the April school holidays, young people aged 13 – 18 years are invited to spend an afternoon at a specially developed hands-on artist run workshop with Los Angeles-based contemporary artist Jemima Wyman.
- Date: Sunday 6 April, 1.30pm
- Venue: Gallery of Modern Art (GOMA) at South Bank Cultural Precinct
- Details: http://www.qagoma.qld.gov.au/programs/teens
Media Potential - April School Holiday Program 2014
Media Potential School Holiday Program: One-Day Media Workshops forstudents aged from 13 to 17 who have an interest in television presenting, media or journalism.
- Programs also beneficial to any student wishing to increase their confidence and public speaking skills.
- Each participant is provided with a certificate and DVD record of some of their practical exercises, after the workshop is completed.
- Dates: Thursday 10 April or Friday 11 April
- Venue: Channel 7 Studios, Mt Coot-tha (Participants must make own transport arrangements to and from the venue)
- Further details about workshops and fees: http://www.mediapotential.com.au/tv-presenting-courses/school-holiday-workshops/
- Contact Media Potential: Phone 33511 3455 / Web: www.mediapotential.com.au
The Agricultural Skills and Technology Experience (TASTE) - for Years 10 - 12
Applications to The Agricultural Skills and Technology Experience (TASTE) programs in 2014 are open to students in Years 10 - 12.
- TASTE is conducted by the Australian Agricultural College Corporation
- Open to students interested in a possible career in various aspects of agriculture including horses; other livestock (e.g., cattle, sheep); plants/ crops; resources; landcare; environment
- Offered in the April, July, and September school holidays.
- More information: www.aacc.edu.au and http://www.aacc.edu.au/taste/
- Any MBC students who are accepted to attend TASTE are requested to notify the Careers Adviser and their Head of House.
Opportunity for students keen about Journalism/Media/Communications
Are you passionate about your community, have a story to tell and want to share it? 612 ABC Brisbane is looking for volunteer correspondents, offering ordinary people the chance to report on their community and the issues that affect them.
- If you are able to volunteer at least 30 minutes a week, have an email account, internet access and a mobile phone(smartphone) then the ABC is keen to hear from you.
- Refer to the web site for full details: http://www.abc.net.au/local/stories/2014/02/24/3951300.htm?site=brisbane
- Any MBC students who are selected by the ABC to participate are requested to notify the MBC Careers Adviser, and the Head of House. We do love hearing exciting news.
New to MBC?
Do you have a story for our newsletter?
How can we make the website and newsletter better for you?
Secondary School Absentees
Primary School Absentees