Interested in a career in Pharmacy?
The University of Queensland (UQ) School of Pharmacy's Experience Day:
- Date: Sunday, 31 August 2014 (10:00am - 1:00pm, followed by a BBQ lunch)
- Venue: Pharmacy Australia Centre of Excellence (PACE), 20 Cornwall Street, Woolloongabba
- Further details and parking information: http://www.uq.edu.au/pharmacy/begin-your-career
- Register online: http://communicate.health.uq.edu.au/em/forms/subscribe.php?db=278244&s=157542&a=18884&k=7944e7d
The ADFA Education Award - open to Year 11 students (2014)
The Australian Defence Force Academy (ADFA) - ADFA Education Award: Applications are now open to Year 11 students.
The award is presented annually to students during the start of their Year 12 program, in recognition of demonstrated leadership potential, and academic and sporting achievements exhibited during Year 11.
Successful applicants receive a laptop computer and certificate, along with a plaque of recognition for their school.
Several MBC students have been successful in gaining awards in the past.
The award is unbonded, and there is no obligation to accept an offer to join the Australian Defence Force or to attend ADFA, nor is the Defence Force obliged to offer entry into ADFA to an award winner.
- Applications close on 28 February 2015 (the year the applicant is in Year 12).
- Details: http://www.defencejobs.gov.au/education/adfa/howToApply/educationAward.aspx
- Note: MBC applicants are required to notify the MBC Careers Adviser that an application is being lodged.
- If you require references/academic results/statements of support from the College as part of the application process, you must follow the appropriate steps via the Request Form - References/Statements of Support, on this page of the MBC web site: http://www.mbc.qld.edu.au/mymbc/mylearning/secondary-academic-admin/application-forms
Tertiary Institutions - Open Days and Information Sessions in July and August
- Bond University: Sunday 13 July 2014, 10.00am - 3.00pm. Web: www.bond.edu.au/open-day
- Australian Catholic University (ACU): Saturday 26 July. Refer to www.acu.edu.au and http://goo.gl/FYpyAs
- Queensland University of Technology (QUT): Sunday 27 July (hosted by Gardens Point campus). Web: https://www.qut.edu.au/study/events/qut-open-day
- Discover TAFE: Information sessions at various Brisbane campuses from 28 July – 1 August. Refer to http://tafebrisbane.edu.au/about-us/events/#.U6X9bLFqNF0
- The University of Queensland (UQ): St Lucia campus, Sunday 3 August; Ipswich campus, Wednesday 6 August; Gatton campus, Sunday 17 August. Web: http://youruq.com/openday
- Griffith University (GU): Sunday 10 August (Gold Coast, Nathan and South Bank campuses). Web: http://www.griffith.edu.au/open-day
- University of the Sunshine Coast (USC): Sunday 10 August. USC’s Imaginarium event includes course information. Refer to http://www.usc.edu.au/imaginarium.
- Christian Heritage College (CHC): Saturday 23 August. Web: http://chc.edu.au/index.php/future-students/open-day/
- CQUniversity (CQU): Brisbane campus, Thursday 7 August; Noosa campus, Saturday 9 August; Rockhampton campus, Sunday, 24 August. Web: http://www.cqu.edu.au/open-days
- University of Southern Queensland (USQ): Fraser Coast campus, Sunday 3 August; Toowoomba campus, Sunday 17 August; Springfield campus, Sunday 24 August. Web: http://www.usq.edu.au/future-students/experience/open-day
For more event information for your calendar, refer to the Events Listing accessible via this link: http://www.mbc.qld.edu.au/images/stories/OpenDays_InfoSessions_Listing2014.pdf
Assisting Year 10 students with subject selection for Years 11 - 12
Students have attended presentations outlining the MBC curriculum for Years 11-12. Each student has received a copy of the Curriculum Handbook 2015 (Years 11 & 12), along with the Queensland Tertiary Admissions Centre (QTAC) publication, Tertiary Prerequisites 2017. Both resources are essential reading for Year 10 students and parents/carers, when exploring options for further study and training, and considering career interests.
During the remainder of Term 2 and in the first weeks of Term 3, each student will engage in developing an individual Senior Education and Training (SET) Plan as a framework for her studies after Year 10 and will have the opportunity to discuss her plan with a member of the College staff.
To further assist parents/carers to engage students in discussions about their interests, refer to the Careers Adviser’s presentation, Year 10 Futures Planning, and other resources for Year 10s, accessible via links on this site: http://www.mbc.qld.edu.au/mymbc/careers/careers-information-sessions-a-presentations.
We look forward to meeting with parents/carers and Year 10 students at the Year 11 2015 Subject Selection Evening, to be held on Thursday 24 July.
Career + Study Pathways - Information Evening at QUT: PATHWAYS Fashion
- Date: Wednesday 6 August 2014
- Time: 6.00pm start
- Cost: Free admission
- Campus/venue: The Glasshouse at the QUT Kelvin Grove campus.
- Information and bookings: http://www.artmuseum.qut.edu.au/schools/career-study.jsp
QUT's Creative Industries Precinct (Z-block) is located at the corner of Kelvin Grove Road and Musk Avenue in Kelvin Grove. The Precinct includes The Glasshouse. Map: http://www.ciprecinct.qut.edu.au/visitors/maps.jsp.
New to MBC?
Do you have a story for our newsletter?
How can we make the website and newsletter better for you?
Secondary School Absentees
Primary School Absentees