College of Tourism & Hospitality (COTAH) - holiday short courses
COTAH is a leading Australian School of culinary arts with a world class teaching college, located at Southbank.
Examples of courses available:
- Gingerbread Houses - COTAH Christmas School (6 December)
- Christmas Hampers - COTAH Christmas School (14 December)
- Party and Event Planning Course (19 January)
Details and registration information: http://www.eventbrite.com.au/o/college-of-tourism-amp-hospitality-cotah-7408064983
Looking ahead to 2015
The shift to a fortnightly College Newsletter in 2015 will make it even more imperative for students to keep a check on the Careers News web pages, where information is updated on a regular basis, often more than once each week. If students rely only on the information published in the Careers section of our fortnightly College Newsletter there is a risk that opportunities will be missed and time lines for applications will pass unnoticed. The College does not always receive information with lengthy time lines and so it is important that students wanting to avail themselves of opportunities take steps to keep informed by checking the Careers News web pages regularly (http://www.mbc.qld.edu.au/mymbc/careers/careers-news) and, additionally, students should check their College email account regularly, as Careers information is also circulated to students via that avenue. The Student Daily Notices and the display boards outside the Careers Room are also sources for distributing information.
Direct entry into TAFE's Diploma of Arts (Acting) and Diploma of Music programs - information for Year 12 school leavers
Direct entry into TAFE's Diploma of Arts (Acting) and Diploma of Music programs is now open. TAFE Queensland Brisbane is hosting auditions for these programs as follows:
- 13 January 2015 at South Bank Campus
- Diploma of Arts (Acting) graduates will be granted direct entry into the second year of TAFE's new Bachelor of Acting and Performance
- Web: http://tafebrisbane.edu.au/course/creative-arts/10073/diploma-arts-acting
- Enquiries: 3244 6462
- 14 January 2015 at South Bank Campus
- Web: http://tafebrisbane.edu.au/course/creative-arts/10020/diploma-music
- Enquiries: 3244 5741
Ravenous Romans - School Holidays at the RD Milns Antiquities Museum
During these hands-on school holiday workshops, children can delve into the ancient world of the Romans by interacting with an extensive handling collection. They can investigate the different types of weird and wonderful food loved by the Romans, and have the opportunity to make their very own original Roman unswept floor mosaic.
- Dates: 14 - 16 January 2015
- Cost: $15.00
- Recommended ages: Primary school students; 7 - 11 years old
- Bookings are essential
- Location: RD Milns Antiquities Museum, St Lucia campus, The University of Queensland
- Full details: http://www.uq.edu.au/antiquities/ravenousromans
Billy Blue College of Design - Open Day 17 January 2015
Courses include Branded Fashion, Communication Design, Digital Media Design, and Interior Design (Commercial and Residential).
- Saturday 17 January, 10.00am - 2.00pm.
- Brisbane Campus, 90 Bowen Tce, Fortitude Valley.
- Free to attend, but please register online: http://www.billyblue.edu.au/news-events/upcoming-events/brisbane/brisbane-od-jan
New to MBC?
Do you have a story for our newsletter?
How can we make the website and newsletter better for you?
Secondary School Absentees
Primary School Absentees