Aviation Careers Expo 2014
Explore the diverse range of career pathways available in the aviation and aerospace industries (e.g., Flight Attendant; Aircraft Engineer)
- Date: Saturday 23 August, 10.00am to 4.00pm
- Venue: Aviation Australia's training facility at 25 Boronia Road, Brisbane International Airport.
- Speak with industry experts and gain insight into aviation career streams.
- Aviation enthusiasts also can experience the Static Aircraft Display - aircraft, aviation-related equipment, training simulators; take a behind the scenes look at one of Queensland’s state-of-the-art aviation training facilities
- Entry is free
- Details at http://www.aviationaustralia.aero/expo/
- Aviation Australia Pty Ltd web site: http://www.aviationaustralia.aero/
The Layne Beachley Aim for the Stars Foundation - Awards applications close on 14 November, 2014
The key goals of the Layne Beachley Aim for the Stars Foundation are to inspire and empower girls and young women to achieve their goals, in sporting, academic, community or cultural pursuits.
Several MBC students have won these awards in the past - who might be next? It could be you! Also, why not encourage your talented friends to think about an application.
Eligibility: Females, 12 years of age and above, with initiative and passion and who are committed to achieving a dream in their field of choice. Scholarships will be awarded, at the discretion of the Foundation, to applicants who best demonstrate their aspirations to succeed in their chosen pursuit and can show how financial and moral support would further their education or personal development and also bring benefits to the community.
Successful applicants receive a financial grant: $4,000 – ‘Individual’ Scholarship, 1 person 12 years and above; $6,000 – ‘Group’ Scholarship, 2 or more people 12 years and above
Applications must be completed online and will close at 5.00pm AEST on 14 November 2014.
For more information refer to the ‘Scholarship Applications’ tab on the homepage of the website www.aimforthestars.com.au
- NOTE: If a College reference/statement of support is required for an application, MBC students must complete and lodge the appropriate request form for this. Locate the form (Request for References/Statements of Support) at http://www.mbc.qld.edu.au/mymbc/mylearning/secondary-academic-admin/application-forms
- MBC students must notify the Head of House and the MBC Careers Adviser that an application is being lodged and also must notify us of the outcome.
Australian Defence Force Academy (ADFA) - Information Session, Brisbane
Date: Wednesday 30 July 2014, at 6.00pm
Venue: Defence Force Recruiting Brisbane, Level 11, 410 Ann Street, Brisbane
Australian Defence Force Academy web site: http://www.defence.gov.au/adfa/
Interested in a career in Pharmacy?
The University of Queensland (UQ) School of Pharmacy's Experience Day:
- Date: Sunday, 31 August 2014 (10:00am - 1:00pm, followed by a BBQ lunch)
- Venue: Pharmacy Australia Centre of Excellence (PACE), 20 Cornwall Street, Woolloongabba
- Further details and parking information: http://www.uq.edu.au/pharmacy/begin-your-career
- Register online: http://communicate.health.uq.edu.au/em/forms/subscribe.php?db=278244&s=157542&a=18884&k=7944e7d
The ADFA Education Award - open to Year 11 students (2014)
The Australian Defence Force Academy (ADFA) - ADFA Education Award: Applications are now open to Year 11 students.
The award is presented annually to students during the start of their Year 12 program, in recognition of demonstrated leadership potential, and academic and sporting achievements exhibited during Year 11.
Successful applicants receive a laptop computer and certificate, along with a plaque of recognition for their school.
Several MBC students have been successful in gaining awards in the past.
The award is unbonded, and there is no obligation to accept an offer to join the Australian Defence Force or to attend ADFA, nor is the Defence Force obliged to offer entry into ADFA to an award winner.
- Applications close on 28 February 2015 (the year the applicant is in Year 12).
- Details: http://www.defencejobs.gov.au/education/adfa/howToApply/educationAward.aspx
- Note: MBC applicants are required to notify the MBC Careers Adviser that an application is being lodged.
- If you require references/academic results/statements of support from the College as part of the application process, you must follow the appropriate steps via the Request Form - References/Statements of Support, on this page of the MBC web site: http://www.mbc.qld.edu.au/mymbc/mylearning/secondary-academic-admin/application-forms
New to MBC?
Do you have a story for our newsletter?
How can we make the website and newsletter better for you?
Secondary School Absentees
Primary School Absentees