Queensland School of Film and Television (QSFT) Open Day: 22 November
- Date and time: Saturday 22 November 2014, 10:00am - 12:00pm
- Venue: QSFT, 7/35 Ethel street, Yeerongpilly 4105
- Program information, industry talks, career pathways, student work showcase, tour, sausage sizzle
Reminder to Year 12 students: Arrangements for release of 2014 results, including Overall Positions (OPs) and Field Positions (FPs) for tertiary entrance
1. Online release of Year 12 results: All results contributing to the Queensland Certificate of Education (QCE) and OPs and FPs will be available in student Learning Accounts on the Student Connect website (https://studentconnect.qcaa.qld.edu.au) from 9.00am on Saturday 20 December 2014.
- Students will need to use their Learner Unique Identifier (LUI) and their password to log in to check results.
- All MBC students have been issued with LUI numbers previously and should have activated their accounts previously. If you still have not activated your account it is strongly recommended that you do this before the completion of Year 12, and report any issues/difficulties to the College.
- Students who have misplaced their LUI numbers should ask parents to access the LUI via a link in their Parent Lounge site, or request the LUI from the PA to the Head of Teaching and Learning or from the Careers Adviser.
- Students should check their account to ensure that the correct details, such as mailing address, are shown. If there is any incorrect information in the Learning Account, report that to the PA to the Head of Teaching and Learning.
2. Mail out of Year 12 results: Year 12/2014 school leavers will begin receiving their Senior Education Profile (SEP) in the mail from Monday 22 December 2014.
Depending on individual circumstances, the SEP provided to MBC school leavers will comprise one or more of the following documents:
- Queensland Certificate of Education (QCE)
- Tertiary Entrance Statement
- Senior Statement
The National Computer Science School (NCSS) Summer School 2015 - opportunity for current Year 10 and Year 11 students
The National Computer Science School (NCSS) is a ten day summer school for students entering Years 11 or 12 in 2015.
- Brings together talented young people from around Australia for an intensive course of computer programming and website development in the School of Information Technologies at the University of Sydney.
- Organised by academic staff, alumni and students of the School of Information Technologies.
- Residential program in full-board accommodation provided by The Women's College, within the Camperdown campus of The University of Sydney.
- Cost of NCSS is subsidised by sponsors, allowing cost per student to be kept to approximately $400.00.
- Dates: Sunday 4 - Tuesday 13 January 2015 (inclusive)
- Web: http://www.ncss.edu.au/index.html
Applications must include the following details:
- A letter of reference from a teacher - including information about the student's academic performance, teamwork and social skills.
- A copy of the applicant's last two school reports.
- Examples (if any) of any programming or web design that the applicant has done.
- Applications close on Friday 14 November 2014.
- MBC students wanting to apply must follow College policy for requesting references/statements of support, accessed from a link on this page: http://www.mbc.qld.edu.au/mymbc/mystaff/secondary-academic-admin/application-forms. Complete and submit the request form to the Head of Teaching and Learning (Mr Keogh).
- Ensure that you notify your teacher, Head of House and Careers Adviser about the outcome of your application.
Design Information Night - JMC Academy Creative Industries
- Date: Wednesday 3 December, 6.00pm - 8.00pm
- Venue: JMC Academy Creative Brisbane, 75 Grey Street, South Brisbane
- The Design Information Night will provide insights into becoming a designer, from design school through to working in the design industry. There is also the opportunity to get personal feedback on your work. Registration to attend this session is required.
- Web: http://www.jmcacademy.edu.au/News/2014-12-03/Design-Information-Night.cfm
- JMC Academy home page: http://www.jmcacademy.edu.au/
Raffles Photography Competition - Term 4, 2014
- Term 4 closing date: Monday 1 December 2014
- Entries limited to one photo per person, and there is no particular theme required
- Details: http://www.raffles.edu.au/photography-home/competition
- Select the icon for school students
New to MBC?
Do you have a story for our newsletter?
How can we make the website and newsletter better for you?
Secondary School Absentees
Primary School Absentees