National Council of Women of Queensland Inc - 2015 Bursary Program
The National Council of Women of Queensland has launched its 2015 bursary program for female students. A few of the bursaries are for secondary students. These include:
- Elsie Byth Bursary for Year 12 students planning to study teaching at the completion of Year 12.
- NCWQ Bursary for a young woman from a refugee background.
Applications close on Wednesday 8 April 2015.
Australian Youth Aerospace Forum (AYAF) 2015: Open to Years 11 - 12
The Australian Youth Aerospace Forum (AYAF) is an annual five-day conference for students in Years 11 and 12 who are interested in investigating careers and pathways in the aerospace industry (e.g., aerospace engineering, aerospace trades, military aerospace and pilot training).
- Dates for 2015: Monday 29 June - Friday 3 July
- Venue: The University of Queensland (St Lucia campus), with day trips to other universities and industry locations
- Applications open on Sunday 29 March, with an early bird cost of $199.00
- Early bird applications close on 29 April
- The standard application cost is $249.00 (closes on Friday 29 May)
- Cost covers all meals, accommodation and activities for the week.
- Web: http://ayaa.com.au/AYAF-Bris
MBC applicants are requested to notify the College Careers Adviser.
National Youth Science Forum (NYSF) - Apply for 2016 (open to current Year 11 students - 2015)
Applications for the NYSF 2016 are now open to Year 11 students (in 2015), studying science.
NYSF 2016 offers the opportunity to test-drive a wide range of courses and careers in the sciences.
Student applications need to be endorsed by a local Rotary Club as part of the application process.
- 2016 Session Dates: Session A - Canberra: Monday 4 – Saturday 16 January 2016, or Session C - Canberra: Monday 18 – Saturday 30 January 2016
- Web sites for program details and application process: http://www.nysf.edu.au/ and http://www.nysf.edu.au/applying
- Apply by 31 May 2015
Note: MBC applicants are requested to notify the MBC Head of Science and the Careers Adviser. Also, students should notify the outcome of the application.
The Aspiring Women in Business Conference - open to Years 10, 11 and 12
The conference aims to immerse high-achieving young women from throughout Queensland in business. Facilitated by academics from The University of Queensland (UQ) Business School, industry representatives and St Aidan’s, the conference is aimed at girls in Years 10 to 12 wanting to continue their Business education.
- Date: Saturday, 23 May 2015 (9.00am - 3.00pm)
- Cost: $50.00 per person (includes speakers, morning tea and lunch)
- Location: St Aidan’s Anglican Girls’ School, St Aidan’s Way Corinda (next to Corinda Rail Station)
- Register to attend: http://www.aspiringbusiness.com.au/ (Select the ‘Aspiring Women in Business’ event from the list to register.) Note - Registrations are essential and will close on 8 May.
Australian Defence Force (ADF) Engineering Careers - Information Session - 31 March 2015
Engineers in the Navy, Army and Air Force secure employment in technical leadership roles that include Maintenance Engineering, Project Management and Design Engineering in a range of Engineering Professions such as Aeronautical, Armament, Avionics, Electrical, Electronics, Marine, Mechanical, Software and Weapons Fields.
- Date: Tuesday, 31 March 2015 at 6.00pm
- Venue: Defence Force Recruiting , East Tower, Level 11, 410 Ann Street, Brisbane City
- Register to attend by contacting 3016 2425.
New to MBC?
Do you have a story for our newsletter?
How can we make the website and newsletter better for you?
Secondary School Absentees
Primary School Absentees